Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Three days and counting!


Celebrating Pandora's 2010 Olympic Adventure!
(this is as close as I will ever come to the Olympics)

Greeting fellow armchair travellers!

Welcome to my South American / Antarctic travel log.

For some reason, the Windows Spaces website that I usually use for my travel blogs is not working, so I am using this Blogger site instead. Despite the name, this is going to be more of a photo log than a blog. As I found out on my last cruise, internet rates on a cruise ship are unbelievably expensive, so I will only be updating this log about once a week. So check in every now and then to see what part of the world I am in.

If I can rescue my passport from the Brazillian embassy, then I can start heading south in 3 days.
Warning: If you are travelling to Brazil, get your visa ASAP. For some reason, the embassy takes weeks and months to process a visa application instead of the standard 10 business days. People have missed trips because of their slowness. I don't know what they are going to do when they have to process thousands of applications for the summer Olympics.

I don't fly in winter because I don't want to end up like all those vactioners who get stranded in airports for 4 days due to blizzards. So I will avoid any potential weather delays by catching a bus to New York, then hopping on a train to Florida. In Fort Lauderdale, I will board my cruise ship and start sailing around South America and Antarctica.

Hasta luego!
(See you later!)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment